Are you thirsting for a deeper relationship with Christ and to encounter him in a new way?
In Living the Beatitudes, we experience Jesus' loving gaze upon us and his invitation to enter into a deeper, loving relationship with him. Once we begin to live more closely with the Lord through the Beatitudes, we will experience a renewal of his life within us and gain courage to be his faithful followers.
In Part 1 of the Living the Beatitudes, Fr. Bransfield invites us to:
- Reflect on the story of the Samaritan woman at the well.
- Explore our identity and fears and how we can grow from these.
- Review the mysteries of the Trinity, sin, the cross, and the call to holiness.
In Part 2 the author
- Considers each of the Beatitudes in depth.
- Explains how each Beatitude is opposed by a particular sin.
- Describes the virtue that is practiced in each Beatitude.
- Identifies the gift of the Holy Spirit that enables the living of each Beatitude.
Fr J. Brian Bransfield is a priest of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He received his doctorate in moral theology from the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family.He is the author of the best-selling book: The Human Person: According to John Paul II